Engineering - Ecommerce:
Engineering - Operations:
Finance & Analytics:
114 Sansome St
San Francisco, CA 94104
Customer Support Team Member
Early Start: 9am – 6 pm
thredUP is the premier online marketplace for buying and consigning used clothing. We are rapidly scaling up our product offerings, and are seeking a fun and experienced Customer Service Representative with a passion for enhancing the customer's experience, resolving customer issues, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty!
The Customer Service Representative maintains customer relationships by responding to inquiries, resolving customer related issues and documenting actions in a timely but through manner via email, phone, and live chat.
Customer Inquiries - Activities include receiving, processing and resolving customer inquiries and complaints. Specifically:
- Confer with customers by telephone or via email in order to provide information about products and services, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such investigating and/or adjusting bag payout, merchandise problems, fraudulent orders, or charge adjustments.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Analyzes transactions, corrects records, and adjusts errors
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepare invoices for returned goods.
- Work with other members of the team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low customer dissatisfaction rate, low total ticket resolution time, and appropriate first response time..
- Maintains update knowledge of various marketing/promotional strategies offered our customers
- Perform other on-site duties as assigned
Communications - Activities include attending meetings, escalating issues and concerns, appropriate internal communications with peers, staff and departments. Specifically:
- Interact, in a professional manner, with Supervisors, thredUP management, merchandising and technical experts and peers.
- Maintains a cooperative and constructive attitude.
- Communicates appropriately regarding work issues, concerns, and when asking questions – individually, or in a group situation.
- Gives timely and appropriate feedback for continuous improvement of processes.
Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs., push, pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150 lbs., flexibly shift between multiple workstations, climb 5 steps, and actively use smart phone or or computer for continuous periods of up to 3 hours. This role requires moderate physical activity such as the ability to stand, sit, bend down, and reach overhead.
- 3+ years communicating with customers via email, phone, or chat. Call center or call center-based customer service experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of product lines, pricing, delivery times and methods.
- Experience with Zendesk CS software or equivalent CS software, proficient using Google Docs, Gmail, smartphone applications or similar experience
- Attention to detail, punctuality, and reliability.
- Positive attitude!
- Strong multi-tasker
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with demonstrated ability to articulate, escalate issues and ideas for improvement.
- Strong English and grammar skills.
- Pleasant telephone voice/manner with the ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Ability navigate web/mobile applications sufficiently to perform the job.
- Ability to compose professional correspondence.
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.