Earn premium payouts
for premium pieces.
Engineering - Ecommerce:
Engineering - Operations:
Finance & Analytics:
580 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94104
Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer - Ecommerce
At thredUP, we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry and we're looking for an engineer to bolster the technical depth of our web engineering team. This role is full-stack, which means you’ll be expected to work on the back-end (Rails) and front-end (HAML/SASS/CoffeeScript). If you want to be a part of an engineering team that cares a lot of about each other, our team’s culture, our codebase, and building a successful company, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Care About
- Setting realistic developer time estimations and completing them on time.
- Pushing code that’s well tested and improves the overall quality of the codebase.
- Following projects past deployment to ensure the code is acting as intended.
- Thoroughly reviewing peer's code through pull requests.
- Being open to pairing, knowledge transfer, and teaching other engineers.
- Making sure all user-facing bugs are squashed as soon as possible.
- Wanting to improve our processes and engineering culture.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Computer of your choosing + Apple LED Cinema display.
- Work from home Wednesdays.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Stocked fridge + snack cabinets.
- Office located at 2nd & Market in downtown San Francisco.
- Computer Science degree.
- 2+ years of production level web engineering experience (Rails preferred).
- Believer in testing.
- Strong front-end skills (Backbone preferred).
- Familiar with Git.
- (Bonus) Knowledge of front-end performance optimization.