5 Top Tips For Refreshing Your Wardrobe For Fall
Fall is just around the corner. (Thank you, Captain Obvious.) If you’re like most people, you’re looking forward to switching up your wardrobe for the changing season. Here are simple, fun ways fashion experts we love are refreshing their closets for fall. Try these tips with items you already own or use this guide to get a handle on what you still need for fall. Budget fashion lovers, read on!
- Buy pieces that work for all seasons: Anna Baun from A Lily Love Affair snagged this Ann Taylor eyelet dress – eyelet is a warmer weather fabric that typically screams “summer!,” but because it’s in navy, this dress can work year-round. Come colder weather, just add tights and booties.
- Invest in classics: If you splurge on one thing this fall, make it a timeless piece that makes you happy about the fact that it’s getting chillier out. For blogger Corrine of Mint Arrow, that timeless piece was a secondhand Burberry trench from thredUP. So. Worth. It. Other classic items worth the investment? Riding boots. Barbour jackets. Leather jackets. Luxe, leather carry-alls.
- Brown is the new black: Our September Color Collective is neutrals for a reason. We love black. We always will, but this fall, we can’t resist soft, subdued neutrals. We’re especially obsessed with brown accessories; think structured pea coats, polished penny loafers, smart crossbody bags.
4. Partake in Plaid: We don’t really get sick of plaid – it conjures up cozy memories of holiday season, prep school, and um, Scotch Tape. (Weird, but true.) What we’re loving right now is plaid in fresh and unexpected silhouettes. Try trading that plaid button down for a feminine A-Line dress. Or if you’re in love that plaid button down? Knot it at the waist and pair with a mini skirt or drapey trousers to give the look new life.
5. Culottes are still cool: Culottes, high-waters, whatever you want to call them, pants that skim the ankle and flare out continue to look super fresh. Pair with strappy sandals in winter, but come fall, add Converse or cute sneaks like Chakayla.
Feeling adventurous? Try kick-flare jeans with boots. You can pull it off. Just own it.
Which fall refresh will you try this season?