5 Ways to Send Off Summer
We’re loving that just a few weeks post back-to-school madness we get to take another little mini break (we’re looking at you, Labor Day). Whether that means getting in that last beach read, soaking up rays in the pool, or sporting your favorite white caftan one last time, we’ve chosen five surefire ways to send off summer. What’s on your gotta-do list this weekend?
- Warm-weather occasions are best spent wearing an all-white ensemble, and well, since it’s your last official weekend to wear the season’s hottest trend, just say yessss. Elevate your swimsuit with a chic coverup, or trade up your jean cut-offs for a jumpsuit. And if you dare, these summer staples easily double duty as pretty one-and-done styles come fall.
- Be the hit of the BBQ and make homemade NSFK popsicles in flavors like Creamy Margarita, Black and White Russian, Mint Julep, and Nectarine Bellini.
- Take a quick dive into a summer beach read. Our musts: Girl on a Train, Luckiest Girl Alive, The Husband’s Secret, and Who Do You Love. Or be the first to get your hands on a fresh copy of Purity by literary genius Jonathan Franzen. Hint: It comes out tomorrow!!
- When it’s hot and humid out, a less-is-more approach to your hair is key. Try a fuss-free French braid—it’s easy, effortless, and oh so chic. If you haven’t worn a French braid since, well, middle school, here’s a quick how-to.
- And finally, those summer jams. Take a peek at the playlist we made just for you.
Follow the sounds of thredUP on Spotify and stream our SF-office playlists.
Photo credit: Dock via Dave Lloyd Photography; Jumpsuit via Ilana Kohn; Popsicles via Thrillist, Books via Amazon.com; French braid via Garance Dore.