Published on September 15, 2012 — Leave a comment
Calling ALL Professional Photographers!
– How do I take great photos?
Here is a great blog post on how to take professional photos.
– Can the images contain multiple children and/or adults?
You are welcome to submit photos containing more than 1 child. Since thredUP is for kids only, we ask that you submit only photos of children under the age of 12.
– Should photos be free of brand labels?
You are more than welcome to include brand labels, however, we recommend that you do not make them the focal point of your photo(s).
– Does the submitter have to be the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) in the photo?
By entering a photo(s), you are stating that you are the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) in the photo(s) OR you have permission from the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren).
– How will you judge and select photos?
thredUP’s web designers are looking for photos that will look great on the website, or can be used for other marketing collateral. They will pay close attention to lighting and depth perception. Landscape photos are preferred, but any professional photos may be selected. See some examples below of photos our designers love (found on Etsy.com).
– If I am a professional photographer, may I submit photos using my company’s watermark?
Since we are looking for photos that can be used for thredUP marketing purposes, any photo that is submitted with a company watermark will not be accepted.
– If my photos are selected, will I be given credit for the image?
If we select and pay for your photo(s), thredUP has the right to use them for any marketing or promotional purposes without acknowledging or crediting the source of the photo(s).
– If my photos are selected, where will they be used?
If we select and pay for your photo(s), thredUP has the right to use them for any marketing or promotional purposes. For example, this might include using your photo(s) on the website, in customer emails, or printed materials.
– How much money can I earn?
We will pay $50 per each photo we select for marketing use, and up to $200 total per photographer. These rates can be negotiated, as we hope to continue working with select photographers on an on-going basis.
– All submitted photos must be original.
– By entering a photo(s), you are stating that you are the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren) in the photo(s) OR you have permission from the parent or legal guardian of the child(ren).
– By entering a photo(s), you are stating that you are the owner and copyright holder of the image(s) submitted.
– By submitting images to thredUP.com, you grant thredUP.com the right to reproduce, modify, publish, distribute and otherwise exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to those images at it’s sole discretion, including incorporating it in any media now known or later developed.
– All rules apply to winning and non-winning photos.
Examples of great photos (as a guide):