Celebrate National Donut Day with 5 Healthy Donut Recipes
Image via Le Blog de Betty
Healthy donuts? Yes, they do exist! And to celebrate National Donut Day today, we’ve put together 5 recipes that will make you feel a little less guilty about indulging in this sweet treat. Skip the trip to the bakery this weekend and impress your friends and fam with a delicious and healthier alternative.
1. Paleo donuts: Hard to believe that you can make a donut without grains or dairy, but this recipe is sure to change your mind. The main ingredients are ripe bananas, applesauce and coconut flour (topped with a coconut butter glaze – yum!).
2. Whole Grain Strawberry Donuts: Take advantage of strawberry season with this batch of baked donuts. They look gorgeous too, so these can make a great hostess or birthday gift.
3. Coconut Flour Cake Donuts: These are also considered Paleo donuts. Kids love them and their airy texture resembles that of Krispy Kreme donuts. Can’t say no to that!
4. Gluten-Free Banana Donuts: The key to these is that the bananas should be super ripe. Try topping them with chocolate chips or coconut flakes for extra flavor.
5. Baked Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Donuts: These offer just the right amount of sweetness and the lemon gives it a hint of tartness. They’re delicious with or without a glaze!
Do you have a healthy donut recipe you’d recommend? Let us know in the comments.