9 Brands You Need To Be Shopping Secondhand
New to fashion resale site thredUP and shopping secondhand? Start here, with these brands that perfect for buying in like-new condition.
And if you come back to thredUP time and time again and search for the same brands, that’s totally cool, but sometimes it’s a good idea to step outside your comfort zone. Especially when it comes to fashion! Just do it. (Pun intended.)
Love? LOFT. Known for its oh-so-wearable workwear staples that transition seamlessly to happy hour and the weekend, LOFT is no-brainer. Our customers love it! And so does our style team. The designers at LOFT do an amazing job at interpreting the runway trends for the real (working) girl.
Try: Ann Taylor, Equipment, and Lou & Grey.
1. Ann Taylor offers similar items to LOFT, but every item is just a little higher quality and more structured. A perfect brand to shop for simple office tops, slacks or pants.
3. Lou & Grey is a sister brand spun off of Ann Taylor and LOFT. As workplaces become more casual and the athleisure trend really take off, so have the smartly tailored knits of Lou & Grey. Their tagline is “clothing for a comfortably confident life.” Who doesn’t want that? Look to them for knit pencil skirts and tailored sweatpants.
Love? Gap. Gap is a trusty classic. They do an amazing job with producing high quality and timeless jeans and tees. Push your boundaries a bit and try this brands, too!
Try: J.Crew, Theory and Vince
4. J.Crew is more than just preppy. The Crew’s designs have gotten quite trendy under Creative Director Jenna Lyons. They still do the best chino in the game. Go for City Fit.
5. Hands down, Theory‘s design team has nailed how to create a clean and classic line. Their pencil skirts and button-downs are just so flattering. It’s a result of this brand’s rigorous dedicated to perfecting workwear classics. So worth the price.
6. With Vince you can expect the quality of Theory, but with a more relaxed vibe. Vince wins the sweater dress and t-shirt game.
Love? Forever 21.
7. British fave Topshop does an even better job than Forever21 at getting the runway onto racks in record time. But with Topshop, expect much higher quality. The pricepoint totally reflects that, but when you’re snagging this brand secondhand, you’re getting a real deal.
8. Like Topshop, but with a bigger breadth of items, Zara truly has something for everyone. We love them for trendy little jackets and fun tops.
9. H&M is trendy, it’s fun, and like Forever21 the secondhand pricepoint is so very low, you should definitely take a mini-risk. Try out the embroidered crop top or flared jeans trends with an H&M item from thredUP.
Did we miss any brands you love shopping on thredUP? Let us know in the comments section!