Merry Making: How To Make A Polka-Dot Garland
Welcome to thredUP’s Merry Making series! This holiday season, we’re all about celebrating with (re)purpose. That means getting festive with repurposed materials, resulting in a happier planet, wallet, and you! Place an order today for a free Merry Making guide, and read on for how to make this festive polka-dot garland with items you have around the house.
- -A big hole punch
- -Hot glue gun
- -Glue stick
- -Leftover cardstock and/or thick paper
1. Punch holes in your paper
2. Separate the holes you punched by color and/or pattern.
3. Going up your line of different colors, folded each circle in half, resulting a good mix of all your colors.
4. Glue four semi circles together with your glue stick, until you’ve glued all your circles!
5. Roll up your twine, so it’s easy to glue the polka dots along its length. Place a line of hot glue along one of the inner folds of your polka dot and press the twine into place. Repeat!
For more Merry Making tips and DIYs, check out our Merry Making section!