Merry Making: How To Make Holiday Pom Poms
Welcome to thredUP’s Merry Making series! This holiday season, we’re all about celebrating with (re)purpose. That means getting festive with repurposed materials, resulting in a happier planet, wallet, and you! Place an order today for a free Merry Making guide, and read on for how to make this adorable wrapping paper with items you have around the house.
YOU WILL NEED:
- – Leftover Yarn
- – Scissors
- – A cell phone
1. Cut a piece of yarn that is just a bit longer than the phone.
2. Wrap yarn around the phone’s middle couple of inches, it should rise about half an inch above the phone when it’s all overlapped. Overlap a lot! Don’t be shy!
3. Using the initial piece yarn you placed on the phone, tie a simple, tight knot. Remove the loop of yarn from the phone.
4. Cut, cut, cut! And then cut a little more.
5. Fluff up your pom pom! Attach to gifts, give one to your cat, be happy that you found a way to use your extra yarn!
For more Merry Making tips and DIYs, check out our Merry Making section!