Merry Making: How To Decorate Gifts With Leftover Bubble Wrap
Welcome to thredUP’s Merry Making series! This holiday season, we’re all about celebrating with (re)purpose. That means getting festive with repurposed materials, resulting in a happier planet, wallet, and you! Place an order today for a free Merry Making guide, and read on for how to make this festive polka-dot garland with items you have around the house.
- -Bubble wrap
- -Acrylic Paint
- -Paint brushes
- -A paper plate (for the paint)
- -Gift wrap to decorate
1. Lay out a sheet of bubble wrap and put a dollop of paint on your paper plate.
2. Dip your brush in the paint, and paint a stripe of color vertically on your bubble wrap.
3. Take your present, and lay the bubble wrap paint-side-down on the gift.
4. Peel the bubble wrap off carefully. Let dry.
5. Take a few pieces of colored string, tie in a bow, and put on the present for a finishing touch.
For more Merry Making tips and DIYs, check out our Merry Making section!