#roundUP: Our Favorite Links From The Week
This week we launched Raise A Hand For Teachers with AdoptAClassroom.org! Some of our favorite bloggers nominated the amazing teachers in their lives:
• Denise at Sunny Days in Second Grade shares the inspiring story of her friend and fellow blogger Alisha, who makes sure her students’ basic needs are met by purchasing them gloves and coats for their walks to school in the cold Omaha winters.
• Lisa from Lisa a la Mode writes about her friend Sasha who is spending her summer teaching and volunteering in Portland, Jamaica!
• Janise of Mama in Heels nominates her friend Jung Lee – and check out the adorable letters from students that she included in her post!
• Megan from Chasing Davies shows off her kiddo’s adorable thredUP finds and nominates her friend who she refers to as “the child whisperer.”
• Amy at Mom Advice talks about an amazing teacher who taught her daughter about personal finance (who wouldn’t want their kid to know about that?!) AND shares a super fun and easy DIY teacher gift.
…and so many more! Be sure to nominate your favorite teacher here!
And, iin our typical fashion, here’s some inspiration we found around the web this week:
• The Curry family welcomes their second baby girl, Ryan, to the world. Stephen tweets, “my wife is a champ!” [abc 7 News]
• Oreo announces their new, slimmer cookie. If it tastes like an Oreo, we know we’ll love it, but we might just stick to the original for that extra cream filling… [mom.me]
• Ever have one of those mornings where everything seems to be going wrong? Cricket’s Corner shares tips on how to avoid those moments (or at least make them not so bad)
• NASA’s New Horizons space craft brings us the very first pictures of Pluto, everyone’s favorite ex-planet! [New York Times]