How To Curate The Perfect Summer Capsule Wardrobe
By now, you’ve surely heard about the concept of a capsule wardrobe, whether from us, a blog you love, or in a magazine. The definition? A super pared down, hardworking wardrobe that mixes and matches perfectly. We’re fully on board with the concept. For us, it’s meant easier mornings, more time to do the things we love, and outfits we always feel great about.
This time around, we wanted our seasonal capsule wardrobes to feel fresh, bright and fun for summer. We teamed up with blogger/Marine/mom/San Franciso-dweller Jenny, who worked with us to come up with the perfect secondhand Summer Capsule Wardrobe. Read on to find out how you can build your own. (Watch your life get easier!)
Jenny’s Capsule Wardrobe Equation:
- 6 shirts (aim for a mix of sleeveless tops and tees!) + 2 sweaters = 8 tops
- 6 dresses
- 1 jean jacket + 1 tan jacket = 2 (light!) outerwear
- 4 pairs of shoes
- 2 pairs of jeans + 1 skirt + 1 pair of shorts = 4 bottoms
- 3 handbags + 1 gauzy scarf = 4 accessories
When selecting your capsule items, keep these tips in mind:
- Invest in pieces that’ll take you through the years. Quality over quantity.
- Try everything once – don’t be afraid of yellow or orange!!
- Trends can be fun but ultimately, strive for comfort. It’s the key to your best summer ever.
- These brands are tried and true for fun, quality summer items: J.Crew, Tularosa, Zara, Anthropologie, Alo Yoga, Lululemon
- A go-to #OOTD for you should be a denim jacket, plus a pretty dress (maxi or just a dress in a fun print) and finally sandals. (Bonus points if they’re espadrilles.).
No matter what your budget (or your style!), you can curate a secondhand summer capsule wardrobe! Shop our curations for all:Under $10