thredUP Sweepstakes – Official Rules
thredUP Sweepstakes – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: Each Sweepstakes offered by thredUP (each, a “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and is void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or older on the day you enter the Sweepstakes to win a prize (the “Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of thredUP their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these official rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of thredUP, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Each Sweepstakes offer will begin at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time on the beginning date provided and will end at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time on the ending date provided (the “Sweepstakes Period”). thredUP’s computer clock is the official timekeeping device in the Sweepstakes. If thredUP discovers you have used fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules you will be disqualified.
- Drawings: During each Sweepstakes Period, thredUP will conduct one or more drawings (each a “Drawing”) of all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period as described further in the applicable Sweepstakes offer.
- How to Enter: Each Sweepstakes offer will provide specific instructions on how to enter the promotion. If the instructions include using an SMS, please note the following:
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Each qualified entry will be entered into a random drawing by a representative of thredUP from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing(s) will be held on the the date specified in the applicable instructions for each Sweepstakes, (each, a “Drawing Date”) to determine one or more grand prize winners. Prize winners are each referred to as a “Selected Entrant”. Each Selected Entrant will be notified via email and/or the applicable SMS with instructions to claim the prize within twenty-four (24) hours following the winner selection notification.
thredUP shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within twenty-four (24) hours from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by Selected Entrant of the prize offered in each Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by any winner (at thredUP’s sole discretion) will result in such winner’s disqualification as winner of the sweepstakes and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Prize: Each grand prize winning Selected Entrant will receive the prize described in the applicable Sweepstakes offer. If the prize is a thredUP shopping credit, it may be used to order any item sold by thredUP. Any prize must be redeemed by within one year of its applicable Drawing Date. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at thredUP’s discretion. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for thredUP to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering each Sweepstakes you understand that thredUP, anyone acting on behalf of thredUP, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms & Conditions: thredUP reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend each Sweepstakes (in its sole discretion) should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. thredUP reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. thredUP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of any Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions and any other thredUP policies.
thredUP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of each Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, thredUP reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering any Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from thredUP. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Release: By participating in each Sweepstakes, Entrants and Selected Entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants/winner are minors) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, thredUP and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies (all of such entities, including, but not limited to, thredUP, are collectively referred to herein as the, “Promotion Parties“) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize (or activity related thereto). As a condition of entering any Sweepstakes, Entrants and Selected Entrants agree that (1) under no circumstances will Entrant and/or Selected Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for another person, and Entrant and/or Selected Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with each Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) in no event will any Entrant and/or Selected Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. By entering each Sweepstakes, Entrants and/or Selected Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless promotion parties and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as the successors, assigns and licensees of each and the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, contractors and representative of each, from any and all claims, expenses, damages, (including reasonable attorneys fees), or liability for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to persons (including, but not limited to, death), and property, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the sweepstakes or any portion thereof; a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of entrant’s and/or Selected Entrant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prize(s), or any prize-related activity. Entrants and/or Selected Entrant waive all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Disputes: Each sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in any Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any such Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the city of San Francisco or the State of California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for another person, and such participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering any such Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of a winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: thredUP Sweepstakes, ThredUp Inc., 114 Sansome Street, 5th Floor San Francisco CA 94104.
- Sponsor: ThredUp Inc., 114 Sansome Street, 5th Floor San Francisco CA 94104