5 Steps To Prep For The Best Valentine’s Day (Ever)
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! This holiday sometimes gets a bad rep for being sappy… and for making single people feel, well, crappy. But this year is different. We’re reclaiming V-Day as a celebration of all your loved ones (BFFs, spouses, cats, and kiddos all count), your love for yourself, all things pink and red, and, last but not least, chocolate.
Here are our five tips for making this year the best one yet!
1. Wear all pink, all red, or a mix of both, head to toe! Valentine’s #ootd, done. Best excuse ever.
Pink and red are a super trendy combo right now, and feels so fun, girly, and bold together. Also, we know we’ve said it before, but we love sporting one color from head-to-toe. It is so easy and chic.
Jen Gully pulling it off!!! #hearteyesfoever
2. Decorate your home (but don’t go crazy). It’s midwinter and things can sometimes seem a little bleak this time of year. Spend a Sunday afternoon doing some simple DIY Valentine’s Day decorations. Taking a moment away from your device for a mindful activity is a great soother for Sunday Scaries. Bonus: whatever you create will add some color and warmth to your home. Just don’t put too much pressure on yourself to decorate every corner of your home — we just went through all that during the holiday season.
This salt dough garland from Lazy Mom’s Blog is darling and simple!
3. Instead of a pricey restaurant, try cooking a special meal with your whole family. Skip the fancy prix fixe dinner with your honey, and cook a family meal instead. Spaghetti Bolognese is delicious, special and a total crowd-pleaser. Homemade pizza in the shape of a heart is also a pretty safe bet.
4. Send a Valentine to your best friend. Don’t forget your gal pals on V-Day! You love them, they love you, and it’s important to celebrate and cultivate female friendships. If you have wiggle room in your budget this month, consider sending your BFF some flowers — it may be cliché when a lover sends a flower, but friendship flowers are a fresh idea. We love the designs over at Farmgirl Flowers!
5. When in doubt, wear a dress! Okay, this last one is also fashion related. If you’re in doubt about what to wear, or if you have multiple V-Day celebrations, just wear a dress! Instantly romantic. Instantly date-y. We love A-Line cuts for a super feminine look. Rock a colorful clutch to pull it all together.