NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Eligibility: The Win Your Dream Closet Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and is void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or older on the day you enter the contest to win a prize. Employees, officers and directors of Thredup Inc. (“thredUP” or the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of thredUP, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will run from March 16, 2017 at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time through March 19, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time. The Grand Prize will be awarded on March 20, 2017. All entries must be received by December 31st, 2018 Pacific Time. The computer clock of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
4. How to Enter: Customers of thredUP enter their dress size at the following website URL: https://www.thredup.com/my/sizes during the Sweepstakes Period will be automatically placed in the daily drawing. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of thredUP.
5. Prize: The Grand Prize winner of the Win Your Dream Closet Sweepstakes will receive a thredUP shopping certificate each month for twelve (12) months valued at $100 ($1,200 total). The certificates may be used to order any item sold by thredUP. The Grand Prize must be redeemed by December 31st, 2018. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for thredUP to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Win Your Dream Closet Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Grand Prize winner will be selected at the end of the Sweepstakes and will be notified via email within five (5) days following the winner selection. thredUP shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk email or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 24 hours from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that thredUP, anyone acting on behalf of thredUP, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: thredUP reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, thredUP may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by thredUP. thredUP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. thredUP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, thredUP reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from thredUP. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants/winner are minors) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies (all of such entities (including, but not limited to, the Sponsor) are collectively referred to herein as the, “Promotion Parties”) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize (or activity related thereto). As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrant/winner is a minor) agree that (1) under no circumstances will entrant and/or winner (or their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrant/winner is a minor) be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant and/or winner (or their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrant/winner is a minor) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) in no event will any entrant and/or winner (or their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrant/winner is a minor) be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNER (AND THEIR PARENT(S)/LEGAL GUARDIAN(S) IF ENTRANT/WINNER IS A MINOR) AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PROMOTION PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, SUBSIDIARY AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES AS WELL AS THE SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES OF EACH AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS AND REPRESENTATIVE OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES), OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEATH), AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; A BREACH OR ALLEGATION WHICH IF TRUE WOULD CONSTITUTE A BREACH OF ANY OF ENTRANT’S AND/OR WINNER’S (AND THEIR PARENT(S)/LEGAL GUARDIAN(S) IF ENTRANT/WINNER IS A MINOR) REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR OBLIGATIONS HEREIN; OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZE(S), OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS AND/OR WINNER (AND THEIR PARENT(S)/LEGAL GUARDIAN(S) IF ENTRANT/WINNER IS A MINOR) WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in San Francisco or the State of California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Win Your Dream Closet Sweepstakes, Thredup Inc., 114 Sansome Street, 5th Floor San Francisco CA 94104.
14. Sponsor: Thredup Inc., 114 Sansome Street, 5th Floor San Francisco CA 94104