Published on May 1, 2017 — Leave a comment
thredUP’s Saved Search Sweepstakes – Official Rules
thredUP’s Saved Search Sweepstakes – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The thredUP’s Saved Search Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and is void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or older on the day you enter the Sweepstakes to win a prize (the “Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Thredup Inc. (“thredUP”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these official rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of thredUP, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period & How to Enter: The Sweepstakes will run from October 18, 2017 at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time through October 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, thredUP will conduct one (1) drawing (a “Drawing”) of all qualified entries received during the Sweepstakes Period as described below.
To enter into the drawing, you must login to your thredUP account and save any search by entering a keyword(s) in the search box located in the upper right-hand corner of thredup.com on desktop only. After entering your search term you must click “SAVE THIS SEARCH” located on the following results page. thredUP’s computer clock is the official timekeeping device in the Sweepstakes. If thredUP discovers you have used fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules you will be disqualified.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Each qualified entry will be entered into a random drawing by a representative of thredUP from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be held on November 17, 2017 (the “Drawing Date”) to determine one (1) grand prize winner. Prize winner is referred to as a “Selected Entrant”. The Selected Entrant will be announced on the thrEDIT blog (www.thredup.com/bg) and notified via email with instructions to claim the prize within twenty-four (24) hours following the winner selection notification.
thredUP shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within twenty-four (24) hours from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.The receipt by Selected Entrant of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by any winner (at thredUP’s sole discretion) will result in such winner’s disqualification as winner of the sweepstakes and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Prize: The grand prize winning Selected Entrant of the thredUP’s Saved Search Sweepstakes will receive a credit to shop at http://www.thredUP.com valued at $1,000. The credits may be used to order any item sold by thredUP. Prizes must be redeemed by November 30, 2018. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at thredUP’s discretion. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for thredUP to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Sweepstakes you understand that thredUP, anyone acting on behalf of thredUP, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms & Conditions: thredUP reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (in its sole discretion) should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. thredUP reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. thredUP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
thredUP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, thredUP reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from thredUP. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants and Selected Entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants/winner are minors) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, thredUP and their affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies (all of such entities (including, but not limited to, thredUP) are collectively referred to herein as the, “Promotion Parties”) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize (or activity related thereto). As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants and Selected Entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) agree that (1) under no circumstances will Entrant and/or Selected Entrants (or their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant and/or Selected Entrant (or their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, and any claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) in no event will any Entrant and/or Selected Entrant (or their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. By entering the sweepstakes, Entrants and/or Selected Entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless promotion parties and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as the successors, assigns and licensees of each and the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, contractors and representative of each, from any and all claims, expenses, damages, (including reasonable attorneys fees), or liability for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to persons (including, but not limited to, death), and property, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the sweepstakes or any portion thereof; a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of entrant’s and/or Selected Entrant’s (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) representations, warranties or obligations herein; or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prize(s), or any prize-related activity. Entrants and/or Selected Entrant (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if Entrant/Selected Entrant is a minor) waive all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Disputes: This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in San Francisco or the State of California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: thredUP’s Saved Search Sweepstakes, Thredup Inc., 114 Sansome Street, 5th Floor San Francisco CA 94104.
- Sponsor: Thredup Inc., 114 Sansome Street, 5th Floor San Francisco CA 94104